We've tried a couple of different sized spoons to pour wax, and this size is our favourite to use with 2.5cm (1in) wide wax stamps.
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) diameter, approx 12cm long
How to use the spoon:
- Use 2 to 3 sealing wax beads/ granules for each wax seal (we like to use 3)
- Hold the spoon just above the candle flame. Do not put the spoon into the flame otherwise the wax is likely to overheat, and the bottom of the spoon will become sooty
- Wait until the wax has just melted (you can use an unbent paperclip to stir the wax in the spoon). If it's bubbling, or smoking a lot, it's overheated, which means it might flow too quickly when you pour it, and it'll be harder to create a nice, round seal
- Let the wax cool slightly if it's overheated before you pour it
- Pour the wax slowly onto your envelope (or other surface)
- Slowly press your wax sealing stamp into the wax and leave it there for 10-30 seconds (you can check to see whether the wax seal has sufficiently cooled by wiggling the stamp)
- Once the wax has cooled, remove the stamp and admire your work
- Check out my process video for creating a multicoloured wax seal!