We've tried a couple of different sized spoons to pour wax, and this size is our favourite to use with 2.5cm (1in) wide wax stamps.
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) diameter, approx 12cm long
How to use the spoon:
- If you like creating wax seals with lots of oozy overhang, use 3 granules.
- If you like seals with only small bits of overhang, use 2 or 2.5 granules
- Hold the spoon just above the candle flame. Do not put the spoon into the flame otherwise the wax is likely to overheat, and the bottom of the spoon will become sooty
- Wait until the wax has just melted (you can use an unbent paperclip to stir the wax in the spoon). If it's bubbling, or smoking a lot, it's overheated, which means it might flow too quickly when you pour it, and it'll be harder to create a nice, round seal.
- Let the wax cool for a bit before you pour it
- Check out my process video for creating a multicoloured wax seal!